Tuesday 14 August 2007

most wanted criminal...


Today I had an interesting discussion with a policeman who stopped me in Tesco's and tried to convince me that I was not wearing my seatbelt whilst driving. I insisted that I was - he insisted that I was not.

What struck me was that it was my word against his and guess what, he won...I got a ticket and informed that if I paid £30 it would all be sorted and the matter forgotton, otherwise I would have to fight it out in court....mmm......


What to do...pay up...go to court....either way I think I would get the rough end of the stick and he would simply be believed because he was a policeman and just doing his job and me, well just the whinging motorist. I think I have discovered just how much of a small fish I am in a very big pool, and that sharks swim in it too!


Ho hum...I bear the policeman involved no ill will or malice - maybe he made a mistake and could not admit it...maybe I made a mistake unwhittingly...eitherway, no one wins in this.


I still wrote to his boss asking for clemancy though!